i.HUG

The International HUG Foundation was formed based on the realization that too many children in Uganda were needlessly slipping through the cracks. We can and are doing something to help them. This blog documents our becoming and the institution of ideas into practice.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Welcome Sponsors!


I'm about to send our first official note to thank our sponsors, along with this picture of 8 of our 11 sponsored children. The kids just got done with their exams, and I'm waiting to hear from Paddy to see how they did. I know Faridha, the child Mark and I sponsor, finished fourth out of 50. (I can't help but feel a little proud!) But given the type of trauma so many of our kids go through--war, AIDS, death of parents and siblings, living on the street--we're thinking of other ways to measure their progress as well.

For this Saturday morning, I'm content with seeing them smile. Hope you are too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home