i.HUG

The International HUG Foundation was formed based on the realization that too many children in Uganda were needlessly slipping through the cracks. We can and are doing something to help them. This blog documents our becoming and the institution of ideas into practice.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Small steps along the journey

Back from Florida, and my grandfather's funeral, just a few days ago. Man, did that wipe me out. I think I could deal with my own emotions, it just breaks my heart to see my mom and my grandmother suffer through the pain of their immense loss.

I started to think about the idea of picking up the pieces. After all, it's one thing when your grandfather dies. It's another thing when a country's young babies are going hungry, going sick, again and again. When I was in Uganda, I saw a small coffin for a child. And it is that sight, and the thought, that really make me want to push forward i.HUG as a group, and our mission to kind of save these kids.

I know that sounds strong. And, certainly, there's no full-proof plan: a child Jane sponsor's ran away, again. But it's amazing how just looking after a child on the fringe can do so much.

That's a long way of saying I sent in the draft of the 501c3 for the lawyers to review. One step closer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home