i.HUG

The International HUG Foundation was formed based on the realization that too many children in Uganda were needlessly slipping through the cracks. We can and are doing something to help them. This blog documents our becoming and the institution of ideas into practice.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sloooooooooowwwwwwwwwww





Another lesson learned: everything takes so much longer than it should. I'm pointedly referring to my ineptitude (ok, I know I'm being a bit harsh on myself, but still) to complete the 501c3 application. I'm searching for some lawyers willing to donate their time and are skilled in nonprofit law, so send any contacts my way. I'm just feeling so frustrated.

Jane tells me to relax: that if I think things take a long time now, just wait until we're in Uganda.

Was speaking to Susan Desmond-Hellmann--she's head of product development over at Genentech and part of the Academic Alliance--who made a side remark about how difficult it was to set something up in Uganda. I'm just now understanding that. I mean, Pastor Paddy has a cell phone. He's computer savvy. And there's an Internet cafe not too far from where he lives. But truly transmitting information and working seamlessly is not easy. For one, there are these awful power outages, which seem to be occuring more frequently given that the water levels are so low from the drought.

But Paddy did send me these photos...he's just back from preaching in Congo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home