i.HUG

The International HUG Foundation was formed based on the realization that too many children in Uganda were needlessly slipping through the cracks. We can and are doing something to help them. This blog documents our becoming and the institution of ideas into practice.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Heros



I never knew any heros until I met Pastor Paddy. With no sign of aid, no HIV drugs, and poverty overwhelming, Paddy had mobilized legions of church goers to look after abandoned children. I loved how they crowded around him when he walked through Kabalagala. He's given them all nicknames.

I'm not the religious sort. But I guess there's a line in the bible that says "be a father to the fatherless," and that's what Paddy is trying to do. He's built a type of infrastructure--of committed people, of programs that meet regularly, and of ideas--that makes it possible to dream big.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home