i.HUG

The International HUG Foundation was formed based on the realization that too many children in Uganda were needlessly slipping through the cracks. We can and are doing something to help them. This blog documents our becoming and the institution of ideas into practice.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Second Chapter


Jane and I are just concocting a little surprise for the group tomorrow. Well, actually, two little surprises. I'm so excited.
Its our second i.HUG meeting.

I was a little nervous. But now I'm really excited. When I think about the last two months since our last meeting, it's been such a blur. Something out of nothing. Our 501c3 submitted. Yay! Three of our mini-fundraisers are planned for the next month, courtesy of spring street sessions. And now everyone is coming over to talk about it, and then repeat cycle.

But for now, just 2 am, and assembling my thoughts.

Well, mostly I'm just trying to get my printer to well, print. We put together (shhhh!!!) a packet of the bios we've been collecting. Of the volunteers. I keep reading them again and again, because it's the most honest document I've read in awhile. We just asked people to write a few words about themselves --no guidelines at all. And we're throwing in a bunch of the pictures. You begin to realize, when taken together, that you can get bigger than just the sum of your parts.

I'll figure out how to blog it one of these day.s

And so now, I'm leaving tonight's night of work behind, and going to zzz... But I'm leaving this gem of a picture Jane sent me of her in Kabalagala.

I so love it, I had to share it immediately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home